Watch our video on Jobkeeper (runs for 3 minutes 22 seconds) by Adam Moiler, or read on below:
What is it?
1. A payment designed to help businesses affected by COVID-19 to cover the cost of employees, so they can keep their staff employed
2. It runs from 30 March 2020 for 6 months
3. It involves an employer paying at least $1,500 per fortnight to eligible employees, and receiving a $1,500 subsidy per eligible employee from the ATO
4. The ATO will pay the first subsidy in the first week of May and then monthly in Arrears
Who is Eligible?
For Sole Traders or Business: Your turnover must have reduced by 30%.
An employer can claim for employees who:
- Were employed on or before 1 March 2020, and are currently employed including those stood down or rehired
- Be Full-time, Part-time or Long-term Casual (greater than 12 months)
- Older than 16 years
- Not receiving the Job Keeper payment from another employer
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, protected special category visa holder, non-protected special category visa holder who has been residing continually in Australia for 10 years or more, or a subclass 444 visa holder.
How do I register?
Click the link Job keeper payment
The ATO will collect the following details: Business Name, ABN, Contact Name, Email, and Mobile.
If you need advice on how to address the impacts of COVID-19 on your business, contact Moiler today for a confidential discussion.